Tuesday, January 20, 2009

The coverage so far....


What a perfect day. Today President Barack Obama and first lady Michelle Obama have the spotlight of the world shining on them. Photo by the Associated Press


With the exceptions of a few hours where I was working, I've been watching the Inauguration nonstop. My god, my god, I NEVER thought I'd see this day. I'm so grateful I'm alive to see an African-American man and woman as president and first lady.

To say the media has gone nuts over this event is an understatement. The coverage began on Sunday afternoon and it's gone nonstop. Throw MLK day in the middle and you've one of the best weeks ever.

For me, the most exciting moments are watching his young daughters Sasha and Malia who seem to be eating every second up of this. I know every little girl thinks their dad is cool but this, this must be sending them over the moon.

The best quote I heard all day: "We just want to be here to feel it. It just magic, it's magic.." said one white woman covered in Obama attire...

Tomorrow, the real work begins, but for today, hope is alive....

No comments: