Saturday, March 15, 2008

Do you know Hulu



Ah, "Fame" now with Hulu.com, I can see you anytime I want. Photo by Amazon.com

Besides JumptheSnark, I have a new best friend. It's www.hulu.com.. I freaking love it. The site came online Wednesday but I heard about it a few months ago at a party where we were saying goodbye to some co-workers.

I didn't quite get how it worked but now i do. The site is a joint-venture between Fox and NBCUniversal. It has old shows and TV movies and I guess it was set up to combat YouTube. It's got a fan here.

Now here's the drag: It is advertiser supported. Meaning that you'll have to sit through 30 second commericials but that's OK with me because I understand the need.

It's fun to see their catalog of old shows such as "Mary Tyler Moore," which I watched the pilot and hadn't seen in years. The theme song cracks me up and the thing that sets me over the edge is the woman in the kerchief who watches Mary throw her beret up.

Tonight I watched the pilot of "Fame" and was shocked to see the number of people who were seen in the pilot as extras. Like this lady. And this guy. But THIS was the most shocking.

I can see more hours of my life being wasted in the future, and I'm OK with that.

4 comments:

Mrs. Wong said...

Big hug and gratitude kiss! Thank you for sharing this. I love old TV shows and look forward to tuning into this site once in a while -- I know there's TV Land, but programming is not always the greatest...

Mrs. Wong said...

p.s. I'm always looking for ways to waste time too. ha ha!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
David Poller said...

Ooo, Hi Webcam! I bet you're not spam at all!

Unlike Webcam there, your blog brings us so much wonderful stuff... and the latest example is Hulu AND the link about Hazel Frederick, the "I'm scowling while Mary Tyler Moore throws her beret up in the air" lady! I never knew that story.