Friday, January 04, 2008

Friday night doldrums


Bob Saget is back on my TV on Friday nights again. Why is Bob Saget back on my TV on Friday nights? Photo by NBC.com.

Yeah, I know it's early in the day but looking ahead,there ain't a lot going on during prime-time these days. And it's looking like starting next week, some shows will be rolling out their SEASON (not a misprint) finales. Yeah, in January.

This is going to really, really hurt the networks because of all that lost ad revenue and because some people may NOT come back when the shows finally return. I've decided to drop "Heroes" for now because I was soo disappointed with Maya's black eyes of death and how it meant NOTHING to the main story and how NBC cancelled "Journeyman" just when it was picking up steam.

Of course we now have gems such as "Celebrity Apprentice" and "American Gladiators" YUCK. Fox is rolling out a show called "Moment of Truth" where people try to outwit a lie detector.

I'm telling you people, televised executions will be next if we're all not careful.

In a way, I'm kinda glad for the strike because I'm going to be working a part-time gig and I need the time to focus on that so these recaps may go back to once a week for a while for all four of you who actually read this thing.

Tonight, I'll be watching "1 vs. 100" and "Women's Murder Club" and possibly "Dateline" or "20/20" which says whoopie for TV viewing. I'm hoping NBC will reshow "Law & Order" because I missed it the other night. And Sunday will bring the Amazing Race gang again so YAY on that!

No comments: