Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Rescue Me

A couple of summers ago, I fell in love with a smart, funny and raunchy show called "Rescue Me." It deals with the sad lives of firemen in NYC and is lead by the impressive and smart Denis Leary.

Plus the storylines were to die for. And then last summer, came a storyline so controversial that posters on message boards were outraged.

Depending on how you viewed the episode, Denis Leary's character "raped" his ex-wife and then left and smirked about it. I was so angry, so disgusted that I just didn't want to give this show my energy anymore and I stopped watching.

The creator if you click the link above describes the scene and how they feel about what happened. Me, I still don't buy it.

Tonight,the show returns and I'm on the fence about whether I want to watch or not.

Kathy Griffin's "My Life on the D-List"


If you're not watching this little reality gem, you probably should. It is hysterical! Kathy Griffin is a celebrity/fame whore and will do anything to be recognized, even dropping by fans' houses just to say "Hi."

With her hopes dashed to replace Rosie on "The View" this might be the last time we see Kathy for a while. Or then again, maybe not. Because this IS the National Enquirer saying this and so pardon me if I'll just wait for the announcement.

No comments: