Tuesday, July 15, 2008

At last: Birds of Prey



The music changed but the show is as hokey as I remember. Photo from Amazon.com

Today, I got my hands on a DVD set that I have been coveting for a long time. "Birds of Prey" was a TV show that was appointment TV for me. Every Wednesday at 9 p.m. in 2002 I would watch this show. At first, the show was all over the place but it had finally found its footing and then POOF it was gone.

The premise of the show is that Batman and Catwoman hooked up and had a daughter. (Although Batman didn't know it). After a fight with the Joker, Catwoman was killed and Batgirl was shot and paralyzed.

Add to the mix, Dinah, a metahuman with mind abilities and you've got a show that to me was worth watching. Some viewers disagreed the show was cancelled after 13 episodes.

I still love it. The only thing I HATE is that the music to the show changed. I loved this song but they changed in on the DVD.

No comments: