With the fall season fast approaching, I've decided for the sake of my DVR I'm going to break up with a few shows to make room for some shows I have high hopes for.
So here's my list of shows that are purged from my DVR.
1) "Rescue Me": While two seasons ago, the show was funny, gritty, fresh and innovative, it's not that way anymore. I just don't like these guys. They don't touch my heart anymore and I find myself rooting for these firefighters to bite the big one. Plus the rape of Janet by Tommy was the moment that drove me over the age.
2) "Desperate Housewives": It used to be campy fun, now it's just a cliched mess.
3) "Survivor": It's on probation. I need to check out the first few episodes to see if I care.
4) "Deal or No Deal," and "1 vs. 100" I don't need to see every episode. I can just check in now and then.
And here's what I'm excited about.
1) "Nip/Tuck": Now that Christian and Sean have moved to L.A. I can't wait to see what adventures these two get into.
2) "Chuck": Nerd gets all the government's secrets downloaded into his brain. Premise sounds interesting.
3) "Bionic Woman" Saw preview at Comic-Con. With some retooling, this could work.
4) "Ugly Betty": Just bring Justin and his fabulousness back.
5) "Heroes": Can't wait to see what Chapter Two is all about.
6) "Prison Break": How's Michael going to get out of this??????
7) "24": Let's just pretend last season didn't happen.
3) "Bionic Woman":